Monday, February 2, 2015

Place the sheet of dough on a long plastic tablecloth. The mass must be very very transparent. Appl


I told them that I have Italian roots. I also mentioned that I love Italian food. However, I have to admit that every time I go to Italy, discover new flavors and dishes of the places I visit. This has a logical explanation. I grew up with the food of the region of Liguria, which means that my tastes are basil pesto, salsa di noci panzotti, top, and other typical dishes of the area. I was never exposed to the food of other Italian regions, and every time we go to Italy is a discovery of a new kitchen. le monte young
We rented a furnished apartment two blocks from the Colosseum, and experience Italian life .... We woke early, we went to the bar for breakfast, take the subway le monte young to work, many esspresos or lungo coffee during the day, and finally had dinner in beautiful and cozy restaurants around the main sights of Rome. I remember most? Breakfasts at the bar: Capuccino and Sfogliatelle Napoletane.
Sfogliatelle le monte young Napoletane is both: my favorite Italian cake and my culinary curse. Every time I visit Italy, I MUST eat what is this Epicurean and gastronomic delight. However, the curse follows me every city I visit, they have a Little Italy or Italian pastry. I have eaten these cakes wherever you go in Canada and the US I've been chasing in Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. I've been following his trail in New York, Rochester, San Francisco, Houston, Ann Arbor, Madison, Seattle, Chicago, Washington DC and Hershey. What are the best? The Montreal and San Francisco. But my obsession (yes, it's an obsession) with this little heavenly cake made me try and test recipes and try. I tried many recipes .... ..... .... and I finally did it!
It is neither difficult nor easy to do. It takes a long time to do, but possible. I have shown that the inability to Sfogliatelle Napoletane at home is an urban myth. Probably its final shape and appearance are not actually 100% Sfogliatelle Napoletane, but my images show that I did, and I did it at home with my hands (and help of my husband ... Thanks!)
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients by hand (except lard) until a dough that feels like sand. Put it on a surface, and continue working with your hands adding butter (120 grams at room temperature) into small pieces. Knead until you have a smooth and homogeneous (over 20 minutes) mass. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
One thing I discovered is that in all the countries I have lived, I have to change my recipes. Why? humidity (or dryness) and the moisture content of the flour affect dough consistency. Please feel free to adjust the amount of lard and water in order to have a smooth dough.
Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let stand for one hour. Divide dough into 3 pieces. Keep the dough covered not working with plastic wrap. Now .... relax .... here comes the hard part:
Start with a rolling pin (uslero) le monte young to work the dough. Place dough in pasta maker, and start spending the dough from # 1 to # 9 (the thinnest possible number). It is a very difficult process, and for that reason you need a helper (in my case it was my husband). Pass the dough 3-4 times per number in the pasta machine. Every time that happens, le monte young fold it in half and pincele in the middle (before folding) with liquid butter. You probably need more than 50 grams of lard, but depend on the environment and moisture.
Place the sheet of dough on a long plastic tablecloth. The mass must be very very transparent. Apply a generous amount of liquid butter with a brush to the ground. Wet your hands and fingers, then gently stretched loosely or holes in the dough. Everything has to be done in smoothly. Through this process, le monte young have a very elastic dough.
Mass winding le monte young start end to end (can be in roll form). Roll the dough into very compact form. Cover with a damp kitchen towel. le monte young Repeat with the other piece of dough. Once the dough is transparent, put on the table and spread again. Place the roll of compact mass and performed at one end of the dough and start rolling again (do not forget to apply lard). It's like rolling a towel, then put this stuff on another towel and keep rolling. Doing very compact roll. Repeat the same process le monte young with the third piece of dough (do not forget to apply lard). Do not worry if the edges of the scroll are not homogeneous in e

No comments:

Post a Comment